In the beginning of this year 2013, I finally made the decision that I no longer wanted to live the way I was living with myself. I had high blood pressure, high cholesterol, you name it and I pretty much had it. My eating habits were bad. I ate whatever I wanted whenever I wanted. There were no limits on my food intake at all whatsoever. I was about to turn 32, on Jan 28, 2013 and I said to myself that I didn't want to die young because of my obsession with food.
I started all this thinking in December 2012 and finally made the leap in Jan 2013. At that time I weighed in at 192 pounds. I started taking herbal life and enrolled into a 24 hour fitness. I lost 10 pounds in the first month. On my second month it was a little more difficult to loose, so I decided to talk to a personal trainer at 24 fitness. I didn't feel like I got the attention I needed. I still continued to work out by myself and lost a few more on my own. March rolled around and I received a lovely email from the one and only Chelsea Cooper in regards to the 6 week slim down challenge and I was 173 or 172 pounds. I was afraid to sign up at first cause I knew how you work and I wasn't entirely sure if I wanted to work out hard. I know I am lazy, but I did want to shed the pounds so I knew it could definitely be done with Chelsea and her program since I had been there before but was not taking it seriously like I do now. I enjoy going to class, actually I crave the workout if you know what I mean. When I do not go to class it sets me back a few steps and I do not like it.
Now that I have been going to boot camp for a few months, I can truly say that I am happy with the progress. Since attending boot camp I have learned a few things:
1) I learned food is a necessity but it doesn't have to be your enemy.
2) I learned that 80% of what you put into your body determines the outcome of physical appearance and the other 20% is exercising. I didn't believe it at first because I thought 80% is working out and the 20% is food.
3) Preparing your meals in advance helps if you know you are going to be busy
4) I started learning how to eat healthy food and carbs, I started to see progress in my physical appearance.
5) Breathing and stretching is very important while working out. You absolutely need breath and stretch or else you would be hindering yourself from functioning and working out properly.
6) Recovery time is also important as well, taking the time to recover allows you to function so much better the next day so you are prepared to work out and start your day.
7) Last but not least, you have to want it bad enough from the inside of you to change for the better and the rest will fall into place.
Sophea Zamora, 32